Oh boy I love cabbage - especially in soup! Have you tried it in soup? It's a must. I used a special broth in this recipe (made from leftover vegetable pulp from a vegetable drink) and wow what a burst of flavor. Any broth would be great - or even water. Whatever you have on hand.
-1/2 yellow onion, small chop
-3 tablespoons oil
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-4 carrots, peeled and chopped
-4 celery stalks, chopped
-3 cloves garlic, chopped
-3 cups green cabbage, shredded
-2 1/2 cups mushrooms, chopped
-1 bay leaf
-2 cooked chicken breasts (I use up leftovers)
-4 cups broth + 2 cups filtered water (add more if needed, just make sure you cover the ingredients)
-A few turns of the pepper grinder
1. Add oil to pot and saute onions with salt until translucent. Add garlic and saute for about 30 seconds.
2. Add mushrooms, carrots celery and cabbage, saute until veggies start to wilt.
3. Add chicken and mix well.
4. Add broth, water, bay leaf and pepper.
5. Bring to a boil and turn down to a simmer and cook uncovered until vegetables are soft.
6. Remove bay leaf, check for seasoning, and serve .
Shared on: Pennywise Platter, Miz Helen's Country Cottage, Lunch Box Love Fridays, Freaky Friday, Fresh Bites Fridays & Sunday Night Soup Night, Gluten-Free Wednesdays