Last month I shared this recipe with Dairy Free Betty.
You can see the full guest post here.
-2 cans coconut milk (this brand has BPA free lining)
-1/4 cup raw cacao
-1/3 cup grade B maple syrup
-1 tablespoon vanilla extract
-1 teaspoons coffee flavor
-1/2 cup shaved chocolate bar (this is my favorite chocolate, only sweetened with beet sugar, it does contain soy lecithin)
1. Mix above ingredients in a blender, high speed or otherwise.
2. Transfer to ice cream maker and churn
3. Just before you remove mixture from ice cream maker, add in your chocolate shavings, and churn for about 30 seconds
4. Transfer to glass storage and freeze at least 4 hours
5. Remove from freezer 20 minutes before serving
6. Garnish with additional chocolate shavings, shredded coconut, or coffee beans.
*An ice cream maker aerates the mixture, creating a lovely creamy traditional texture. You could just blend then transfer to glass storage and freeze, but it gets icy and doesn’t mimic traditional ice cream. If you’re in the market for an ice cream maker, I LOVE this one.
Shared on: Just Another Meatless Monday, Melt in your Mouth Mondays, Monday Mania, My Meatless Mondays, Mealtime Monday, Fat Tuesday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays, Traditional Tuesdays, Allergy-Free Wednesdays, Whole Food Wednesdays, Real Food Wednesdays, Fresh Food Wednesday, Frugal Food Thursday, Tastetastic Thursday, Simple Lives Thursday, Pennywise Platter Thursday, Wellness Weekend, Fresh Bites Friday, Friday Food, Foodie Friday, Potluck Party Friday, Sweet Saturday,